Sunday, November 20, 2016

New beginnings

So far 2016 has been a pretty crappy year for me for a number of reasons.

Gaming in its broadest sense has been one of the things which has helped to get the through. It's a way to express my creativity, experience cool stories, and hang out with my friends.

As part of getting through this year, I have decided to set up a wee blog to record my thoughts and ideas about my hobby of choice. It is purposefully going to be low stress, so I'm going to aim for a post a fortnight, with posting occurring more or less frequently as life takes me.

In terms of what it will cover, my interests are pretty broad, so expect all kinds of tabletop gaming (war-gaming, role-playing, board games) and video games, as well as occasional forays into related film and other media. Basically whatever takes my fancy.

In case you are wondering about the title 'High Ambition - Low Skill', it sums up my general approach to gaming, particularly painting miniatures, at which I'm generally a bit rubbish. However I'm always keen to learn and get better, and maybe this blog will help.

My first proper post will likely be about my project for Radlandz, an exciting skirmish-level war-game being developed by my friend VomKrieg.

No comments:

Post a Comment